Speakers announced for the Knowledge Exchange at Festival of Libraries
24 May 2021 - News
The Knowledge Exchange is a two-day online conference for library professionals featuring keynote presentations, case studies, breakout discussions and networking. The event takes place on Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 June as part of the Festival of Libraries.
- Sue Williamson, Director Libraries at Arts Council England, will open the conference.
- Shirley Yearwood-Jackman, University of Liverpool will give a keynote address on trust in libraries and what it means for an institution to be trusted in these fractured times.
- Vickie Varley (Oldham Libraries), Donal Brennan (Bolton Libraries) and Paula Carley (Manchester Libraries) will present a case study on Libraries of Sanctuary.
- Marie Østergård, Library Director, Aarhus Public Libraries, will talk about the creation of Dokk1 and role of the library as ‘town square’ and democratic space.
- Nick Poole, Chief Executive of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals, will present on the future of libraries post-pandemic.
- Becky Swain, Director of Manchester Poetry Library, will give a case study on the Poetry Library’s approach to building an inclusive collection.