Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date on all of our latest events, projects and news.
The Residency Program is by Kraków Festival Office, operator of the Kraków UNESCO City of Literature program in partnership with the Villa Decius Institute for Culture.
The Program is dedicated to all emerging writers, and poets having at least one published book working currently on a writing project and are willing to learn more about the Polish literary community. The Residency Program is a perfect opportunity to professionalize writing skills, find the optimal conditions for creative work, and present your own writing to a new audience.
The call for applications for 2023 is now open. The deadline for application submission is the 23rd of April.
In 2023 the Residency Program in Krakow will offer the writer a two-month stay from: 1st July – 31st August
Residents will stay at the Villa Decius, the official partner of the project with years of experience running international residencies, including the Visegrad Literary Residency and the ICORN residency program.
Stipend (2500 PLN gross/month), plus the organisers will cover transportation costs to and from Krakow. The Krakow Festival Office will guarantee residents the opportunity to participate in the literary life of the city and help to develop opportunities for them to promote their works in Poland.
– Connection with any UNESCO City of Literature outside of Poland.
– At least one published book (fiction or non-fiction), a poetry collection, screenplay or theatre script by the applicant.
– Work on a literary project during the residency.
– Upper-intermediate level of spoken English.
– Interest in the Central European region.
– Readiness to participate in the literary life of Krakow, including events, meetings promotional interviews and engagements,and festivals, where applicable.
– Residents will be asked to write a text (work of fiction or non-fiction) that will feature the City of Krakow (min. 6 000 to max. 11 000 characters with spaces) in some fashion and will be used in the future, published collection for promotional purposes.
Required documents listed below should be sent to: email@example.com
– Application form
– Extract from a published text (in Polish or English), no more than 2 pages in length
– Optional: recommendation letter, letter of motivation
To submit an application, please fill out the application form along with the required documents by April 23rd 2023.
Manchester City of Literature is committed to inclusion and accessibility for everyone.
Every person who uses our website deserves an inclusive online experience with options allowing you to choose how best to navigate and consume information to suit your needs.
The Recite Me assistive technology toolbar allows for adjustments to all elements of the page including text, graphics, language, and navigation.